We are looking for a Design Technician to join our research and development team in Cramlington to support with the day to day running of the department. You will particularly focus on taking ownership of the company NER (New Engineering Request) process.
After training, you will also be responsible for dealing with new internal product requests, product BOM changes, system development projects and assisting in answering technical queries.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop an understanding of recognised industry standard cable type terminology for commonly used cables and the relevant “Standards” applicable to these
- Develop a good understanding of hazardous area protection methods for electrical apparatus, and an ability to recognise corresponding standards, specifications, and codes of practice, particularly those relating to cable glands
- Take ownership of the company NER system in response to customer requests for new products and product variations, utilising internal contacts in order to see through the process from start to finish
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the department processes and systems
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of all technical drawings using 3D CAD modelling and 2D drawing software provided
- Manipulate live data in order to create new parts, assemblies and bills of material (BOM’s)
- Assist in the preparation of responses to technical queries and creation of laboratory reports, as and when required, using office systems and tools, spreadsheets and word processors
Who we’re looking for
To apply, we ask that you have experience in a similar role in an office environment, ideally within engineering, that you have the ability to be conversant with all company standard products and prevailing standards and specifications related to them (however full training will be provided).
If you have excellent communication and time management skills, are numerate and have good IT skills, particularly word, excel, and ideally a knowledge of database packages or MRP systems, we would love to hear from you!
We are also looking for someone who is self-motivated, has a strong eye for detail as well as the ability to produce accurate work.
This position will be on a full time, permanent basis working dayshift. To provide its employees an improvement in work/life balance, CMP operates a 9-day fortnight (9/10) where staff employees have the opportunity to work compressed working hours and as a result have every other Friday as a day off.
- Wellbeing app (Employee Assistance Program)
- Holiday buy & sell
- Car scheme
- Competitive pay
- Enhanced pension
- Training & development